The Qara Mission is a non-profit organization focused on bringing support and hope to single-parent homes and broken families.
The US Census Bureau reveals that in 2017, 40% of children were born to unwed mothers. Today, 17.2 million children in the US are being raised without a father.
The poverty rate among these families is 36%. A startling 31% are food insecure, and 28% are unemployed. Only 30% will graduate with a college degree.
From there it gets more ominous.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
- 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
We believe that healthy families are the bedrock of healthy communities. While we understand we cannot replace a parent, our goal is to lift up the arms of struggling families and empower them tangibly to succeed.
Our mission is to bring support, resources and hope to families by strengthening parents and mobilizing support systems aimed at providing for needs like shelter, food, education, and personal development.
Culture of Compassion
Compassion is the greatest asset we have to serve a broken world. In a sense, compassion is love in action. It’s how we show people they have real value in the world. A huge part of our mission is not just to show compassion, but to inspire others towards a lifestyle of compassion. We believe that within each person lies the capacity to love, to serve, to heal, and to help. We believe that our true purpose as people and as a community, is found when we are serving others. We believe, that the world will change when compassion becomes culture.
Join our mission. When you give to our organization or purchase our apparel we can serve more families. But when you show your community and circles compassion, you partner with our mission…to bring healing to a broken world.